What is YOUR Perfect Job?
In a job market where it can be hard to keep a positive attitude, a little detour to the lighter side is good for the soul. It can bring a some much-needed cheer to your day and give you renewed enthusiasm for your job search.
So I couldn’t resist passing along this clever list that an executive client forwarded to me today. (Whoever wrote this enjoys working creatively with words as much as I do.)
My readers can expect amusing job search and career-related anecdotes and jokes periodically from now on.
MY JOB HUNT
1. My first job was working in an Orange Juice factory, but I got canned. Couldn’t concentrate.
2. Then I worked in the woods as a Lumberjack, but just couldn’t hack it, so they gave me the axe.
3. After that, I tried being a Tailor, but wasn’t suited for it — mainly because it was a sew-sew job.
4. Next, I tried working in a Muffler Factory, but that was too exhausting.
5. Then, tried being a Chef – figured it would add a little spice to my life, but just didn’t have the thyme.
6. Next, I attempted being a Deli Worker, but any way I sliced it…couldn’t cut the mustard.
7. My best job was a Musician, but eventually found I wasn’t noteworthy.
8. I studied a long time to become a Doctor, but didn’t have any patience.
9. Next, was a job in a Shoe Factory. Tried hard but just didn’t fit in.
10. I became a Professional Fisherman, but discovered I couldn’t live on my net income.
11. Managed to get a good job working for a Pool Maintenance Company, but the work was just too draining
12. So then I got a job in a Workout Center, but they said I wasn’t fit for the job.
13. After many years of trying to find steady work, I finally got a job as an Historian – until I realized there was no future in it.
14. My last job was working in Starbucks, but had to quit because it was the same old grind.
15. SO, I TRIED Retirement AND FOUND I’M PERFECT FOR THE JOB
(This was one of those anonymous “viral” e-mails. If anyone can identify the author, I’ll be happy to provide appropriate credit.)